For all of you who weren’t Prom Royalty or on the Homecoming Court, it’s time you start learning how to become popular. ’Cause let’s be honest, some things never change.
Popular used to be the snob crowd, it was about exclusion. Now it’s all about the genuine, authentic, different and interesting kids who are able to listen, teach, and involve others.
Apple, Todd’s, Red Bull, Dollar Shave Club, Dove, are handling themselves the same way they did walking down those high school halls – standing tall and willing to stick their necks out for their beliefs, confidently speaking about their passions and staying true to themselves even in the face of adversity.
If you reference our SEO section, you will see the importance of content and social media in improving your “organic” ranking on Google.
There are 3 types of content:
- Static: content that resides on your site
- Dynamic: content you produce that is seeded in places other than your site, such as: Facebook, on an influencer’s site/blog, forums, Twitter, etc.
- User Generated Content (UGC): content that consumers create. Because this process happens organically and automatically, it has more value. If you incent users to create it, and leverage it properly, you can use it to bolster your brand credibility…and in effect, your SEO ranking.
When we think about content at Lindy, we don’t just think about “making stuff,” we think about platforms and building CONTENT SYSTEMS – we look at building efficiencies where we ask ourselves:
- In how many channels can we place and repurpose the same piece of content?
- What is the most effective format of content we need to generate interest and share-ability?
- How can we get consumers to generate and share their content with us? And how far can we take their content?
- Where will this content drive to?
At Lindy, we will help you avoid the pitfall of buying your way to popularity. It never works. We will partner with you to build connected omni-channel experiences from the consumer’s perspective that truly engages and drives to experiences of higher value for your business.